At its September 2020 meeting, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) placed the Southern California University of Health Sciences Master of Science: Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Southern California University of Health Sciences on Accreditation-Probation status until its next review in September 2022.
Probation accreditation is a temporary accreditation status initially of not less than two years. However, that period may be extended by the ARC-PA for up to an additional two years if the ARC-PA finds that the program is making substantial progress toward meeting all applicable standards but requires additional time to come into full compliance. Probation accreditation status is granted, at the sole discretion of the ARC-PA, when a program holding an accreditation status of Accreditation - Provisional or Accreditation - Continued does not, in the judgment of the ARC-PA, meet the Standards or when the capability of the program to provide an acceptable educational experience for its students is threatened.
Once placed on probation, a program that fails to comply with accreditation requirements in a timely manner, as specified by the ARC-PA, may be scheduled for a focused site visit and is subject to having its accreditation withdrawn.
Specific questions regarding the Program and its plans should be directed to the Program Director and/or the appropriate institutional official(s). The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website here.
Effective Spring 2021 the BSHS Admissions Requirements have been updated to the following:
The admissions requirements are:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 grade scale from previous undergraduate coursework.
- Successful completion of a minimum 57 credits from a U.S. accredited college.
- Completion of a minimum 48 credits in general education in the following areas:
- English Communication, Composition, or Critical Thinking (minimum 9 credits)
- Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning (minimum 3 credits)
- Arts and Humanities (minimum 9 credits)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (minimum 9 credits)
- Physical and Biological Sciences (minimum 7 credits)
A grade of Credit or Pass may be used if the transferring college’s policy states that it is equivalent to a grade of C or better. In some cases, advanced placement exams may be used to meet the general education requirement.
Effective February 10, 2021 the Master of Science in Medical Science program Admissions Application Requirements have been updated to the following:
- General Biology I & II (with labs) - 8 semester units or 12 quarter units including physiology, anatomy, and either genetics or cell biology
- General Chemistry I & II (with labs) - 8 units or 12 quarter units
- Organic Chemistry I & II (with labs) - 8 units or 12 quarter units
- Physics I & II (with labs) - 8 units or 12 quarter units
- Mathematics - 6 units or 9 quarter units
- Biochemistry - 3 units or 4.5 quarter units